Friday, March 23, 2012

Next planned book reviews

I have accumulated some book reviews.

For those who are relatively new here,  a list of my reviews that includes all but the latest is here.

I have read a number of EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) related apocalypse-in-progress  novels.  The one nice think about EMP related novels is that you can actually read them all. There are not nearly as many of them as there are pandemic-apocalypse novels.

I am not sure I have all of the EMPs, but…

 I have read:

Des Michael’s Terrawatt

Ray Gorham’s 77 Days in September

Larry Burkett’s Solar Flare

Gary Shteyngart’s Super Sad True Love Story

William Forstein’s One Second After

Ron Foster’s Preppers Road March

Whitley Strieber and James Kunetkas’ Warday (one-third way through)

Next up in my Kindle in the EMP Category:

David Alexander’s Death Pulse

EMP-novel I have already reviewed:
David Crawford (aka Halffast) Lights Out
Terry DeHart’s The Unit

EMP-novel that   I would really like to get to, but may not have time for this round of reviews:

Bruce Hemming and Sara Freeman’s Grid Down Reality Bites (It looks interesting but is very long)

Other apocalypse or post-apocalyptic novels I have read and can review, but don’t fit the EMP category:

Newton Thornburg’s Valhalla

Jane Gallion’s Biker

Russell Hill’s The Edge of the Earth (originally known  as Cold Creek Cash Store)

A list of 50 books that I have not read (for the disbelieving Kymber) will have to follow latter.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Nice list. I seen a few I need..

kymber said...

i still don't believe you buddy! gonna need to see that list of 50!

oh and i love all of your reviews, btw. i am now choosing books to read based on your reviews. thanks Russell!

your friend,
kymber

russell1200 said...

K: Fighting words for sure! LOL

You'll get your list.

S: Thank you,

Also if you think of, or run into an EMP title not on the list, let me know. EMP is a new enough subject matter that I could probably list them all. Of course if EMP-crash books get to be as popular as zombies or vampire-romance I would never be able to keep up.