Sunday, February 19, 2012

A quick scheduling note

I just got back from a trip to visit a family member that has not been doing very well.  To give myself a little more time to organize, I am going to delay the series of Pandemic reviews I had scheduled.  They are pretty much ready to go, but I need to verify that.  Of course blogger will find some way to play havoc with the formatting, but that I can live with: mostly because I don't appear to have much choice in the matter.

As an in-passing comment - reading numerous pandemic novels intentionally in series is a bit surreal.  The authorial intent behind what are often rather similar events (lots of people dying from a disease) makes for an oddly diverse mix of stories.

2 comments:

Humble wife said...

Seems interesting though. Of course I am typical I suppose, in my reading and thinking about pandemics etc.

Hope all is well in the family sense. I know you shared with me, and pray he is well.

Jennifer

russell1200 said...

Pandemics are a major concern. It is one of the few "catastrophe scenarios" that the general public seems to be willing to at least partially buy into, and unfortunately one of the ones, that we may be able to do the least about.

Thank you for your kind words. It is my father. He is not doing well, but he is not in pain, so we just are just visiting him to know that he is still loved. I wish he lived a little closer.